Thai Beef Curry
A wonderful curry made with boneless shin of beef with a combination of Thai spices and creamy coconut milk. Great for any weekend supper party
- 450g/1lb lean boneless shin of beef, or braising beef, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
For the Green Curry Paste
- :4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 green or red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp coriander seeds, finely crushed
- 2 fresh lemon grass stalks, finely sliced
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- Extra sliced chillies, spring onions or fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place all the curry paste ingredients except the garnish into a blender and whizz together until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the beef and mix to combine with the paste. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight if time allows.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, add the beef mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with sliced chillies, spring onions or extra coriander leaves and serve with plain basmati rice and steamed pak choi or curly kale.