Crispy Beef Filo Nibbles
- 2 lean thin cut or minute steaks
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 25g butter, melted
- 150ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons mango chutney or redcurrant jelly
- Grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander or schezuan peppercorns, finely crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C, Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Cover the filo with a damp tea towel. Place a sheet of filo on to a floured surface. Cut into twelve 6-7cm squares. Line each non-stick mini muffin hole with 3 buttered filo squares, placing each one at a slightly different angle, then gently press down to make a tartlet shell.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the soured cream, mayonnaise and mango chutney or redcurrant jelly and the lemon juice and rind. Spoon a little of the mixture into the base of each filo shell and place on a serving platter.
- Coat the steaks on both sides in the garlic salt, coriander seeds or schezuan spices. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and sear the beef for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for 1-2 minutes then slice.
- Arrange the beef slices over the flavoured cream and garnish with a parsley leaf. Serve immediately.