Speedy Beef Curry
Try this midweek beef curry using thin cut beef steaks, prepared curry paste, coconut milk, stock, new potatoes and herbs. All ready and on the table in under 40 minutes.
- 450g/1lb thin cut beef steaks, cut into 2inch/5cm strips
- 20ml/4tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 30ml/2tbsp Thai Massaman curry paste or curry paste of your choice
- 400ml/14 fl oz can reduced calorie coconut milk
- 30ml/2tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 150ml/¼pint good hot beef or lamb stock
- 450g/1lb small new potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 25g/1oz roughly chopped roasted unsalted peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat the half the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in half the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and stock to the pan. Bring to the boil. Add the potatoes, season, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- In a separate non-stick pan heat the remaining oil, add the beef strips and the remaining curry paste. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes and add to the coconut and potato mixture.
- Garnish the curry with unsalted roasted peanuts (if used) and freshly chopped coriander (if used). Serve with boiled rice, naan or flatbread and a selection of Indian relishes and chutneys and seasonal vegetables or a side salad.
Nutrition: Per Serving