Beef, Bean and Chorizo Pasta
A satisfying thin cut beef pasta dish that's great for a midweek meal. Cubes of chorizo combined with onion, garlic, peas, cherry tomatoes, canned chick peas and fresh herbs make it truly delicious.
- 350g thin cut beef steaks, cut into strips
- 300g pasta shapes
- 100g diced chorizo or pancetta cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas or cannellini beans, drained
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the chorizo or pancetta, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas or beans, peas and pasta and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Season, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately with a side salad and garlic bread.