Keema Pasta with Caramelised Onion
This is a delicious pasta dish using hot prepared lamb keema, fresh rocket leaves and caramelised red onions.
- 450g prepared lamb keema using 10% fat lamb mince
- 150ml good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 300g pasta shapes
- 4 tablespoons prepared caramelised onions (we used a ready-prepared one)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander leaves
- 100g fresh rocket leaves
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, put the keema in a large non-stick pan with the stock and heat for 3-4 minutes until piping hot, breaking up the mixture with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the cooked pasta, the caramelised red onions, the herbs and ¾ of the rocket leaves. Toss gently.
4.Transfer to pasta bowls and garnish with the remaining rocket leaves and serve with a crisp salad.