Try this recipe using our prepared lamb lamb base for a flavoursome hash with cooked roast potatoes, onions, tomatoes and herbs. Great as a supper or brunch dish topped with a fried egg.
- 375g/12oz prepared lamb keema (see Easy Lamb Keema recipe)
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 450g/1lb cooked potatoes of your choice (can be roasted, boiled, with skin on) roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped, optional
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander or parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the spring onions over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until soft, but not brown.
Add the prepared keema, potatoes and tomatoes; press down and continue to cook for 10 minutes without disturbing to achieve a crispy base.
Season if required, divide into four portions and top with a fried egg. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs and serve immediately.