Our fiery steaks recipe uses thin cut beef steaks, are quick to cook and full of flavour. They are pan-fried and served with a spicy, piquant tomato sauce made with red onions, chopped tomatoes, chilli sauce, fresh thyme leaves and a pinch of sugar. A perfect mid-week meal option.
- 4 thin cut beef steaks
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 10ml/2tsp good hot chilli sauce
- From the Store Cupboard:
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 5ml/1tsp white sugar
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Heat the half the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, thyme and chilli sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes (for medium). Season.
- Heat the remaining oil in a clean non-stick frying pan.
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and season on both sides.
- Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the steaks with the sauce, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.