BBQ Apple and Mustard Centre Cut Steaks
A simple BBQ recipe for centre cut beef steaks marinated in fresh apple juice, thyme, mustard and seasoning. They cook in under 15 minutes on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill.
To Cook Rare: Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: Well done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean centre-cut steaks
- For the Apple and Mustard Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons fresh apple juice
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- To prepare the marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients together. Place the steaks in the marinade mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Remove the steaks from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference.
Serve the steaks with potato wedges and a crisp green salad.