BBQ Whiskey and Soy Steaks
An American inspired dish, using rump, sirloin or rib eye steaks in a simple tasty whisky and soy marinade for maximum flavour.
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 4 lean rump. sirloin or rib-eye steaks
For the Whiskey and Soy Marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 90ml/5tbsp malt whiskey or Bourbon
- 90ml/5tbsp soy sauce
- 90ml/5tbsp brown sugar
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a large non-metallic dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the steaks in the marinade and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference. Set aside to rest on a warm plate.
- Serve the steaks with a Caesar salad.