Beef and Sugar Snap Noodles
A tasty mid week stir fry dish that takes only 1o minutes to cook with thin cut sirloin or minute steaks marinated in ginger, garlic seasoning and oil then cooked with mushrooms tomatoes, stock and noodles then finished with fresh mint leaves.
- 450g/1lb lean thin cut sirloin or minute steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- 225g/8oz sugar snap peas or green beans, cut in half lengthways
- 75g/3oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150ml/¼pint good, hot vegetable stock
- 400g/14oz cooked egg noodles
- 75g/3oz cherry or small plum tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch freshly chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a large shallow bowl mix together the garlic, ginger, seasoning and oil. Add the steaks, coat on both sides, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large, non-stick griddle pan or wok and stir-fry the beef for 1 minute on each side.
- Add the peas, mushrooms, stock and noodles. Cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes then add the tomatoes just before serving.
- Serve garnished with the mint.