BBQ Steak with Peach Relish
Great one for the barbecue. Spicy marinated beef steaks with a cooling zesty, peach relish â€“ a real taste of summer.
- 4 lean sirloin, rump, rib-eye or goose skirt steaks
For the spicy marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes, optional
- 2 fresh bay leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
For the peach relish:
- 1-2 ripe peaches, stoned and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 small orange
- ½ small red onion, peeled and finely diced or 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Dash soy sauce
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Place the steaks in a shallow dish, spoon over the marinade mixture and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- To prepare the relish, place all the ingredients into a medium bowl and toss gently, cover and set aside in a cool place (but not in the refrigerator).
- Cook the steaks according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill.
- Serve the steaks with the relish, a side salad and crusty bread.