Alfresco BBQ Beef Kebabs
These beef topside, rump or sirloin kebabs marinated in yogurt, garlic and lemon are ideal for informal outdoor BBQ dining.
To Cook Rare: Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: Well done: 6 minutes on each side
- 675g lean sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 100ml Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 10-12 small cherry tomatoes
- Freshly chopped chives, to garnish
- In a large shallow bowl mix together the yogurt, turmeric, cayenne or mustard, seasoning, garlic and lemon zest. Coat the beef in the marinade on both sides. Cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
- Thread the beef with the cherry tomatoes onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes).
- Cook the kebabs under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue to your preferred cooking time.
- Transfer the kebabs onto a warm plate, sprinkle over the freshly chopped chives and serve immediately with a crisp salad.