Piquant Steaks with Warm Roasted Vegetables
A perfect recipe for steak lovers. Sirloin, picanha or rib-eye steaks are marinated in shallots, garlic seasoning and Worcestershire sauce then grilled and served with roasted vegetables.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 x 175g lean sirloin, picanha or rib-eye steaks
For the Piquant Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 400g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 x 220g can chickpeas, drained
- 50g baby spinach leaves
For the Piquant Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place the steaks in a large, non-metallic shallow dish. Add the marinade ingredients and coat the steaks on both sides. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7. Prepare the roasted vegetables; put the vegetables in a large non-stick roasting tray, season and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 35-40 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to moderate. Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook according to your preference. Remove and set aside on a warm plate to rest.
- Take the roasted vegetables from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Add the chick peas and the spinach. Mix the piquant dressing ingredients together and spoon over the salad.
- Serve the steaks with the warm salad.