Picanha Mini Roasts with Miso Glaze
These individual picanha beef mini roast portions have a superb flavour from the Japanese miso glaze made with red miso paste, Japanese rice wine or mirin and honey. Great for for a mid-week treat as they are ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 x 150-200g/5-7oz mini roasting picanha roasts
For the Miso Glaze
- :45ml/3tbsp red miso paste (available in the ethnic section of large supermarkets)
- 45ml/3tbsp Japanese rice wine or mirin
- 10ml/2tsp runny honey
- In a small bowl mix together the glaze ingredients to form a paste.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Put the picanha roasts on a chopping board, season and brush portions with the glaze.
- Position on a rack in a roasting tin lined with foil and roast for 25-30 minutes, cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve the beef with steamed winter cabbage and rice.