Picanha Mini Roasts with Miso Glaze
These individual picanha beef mini roast portions have a superb flavour from the Japanese miso glaze made with red miso paste, Japanese rice wine or mirin and honey. Great for for a mid-week treat as they are ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 x 150-200g mini roasting picanha roasts
For the Miso Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons red miso paste (available in the ethnic section of large supermarkets)
- 3 tablespoons Japanese rice wine or mirin
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- In a small bowl mix together the glaze ingredients to form a paste.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Put the picanha roasts on a chopping board, season and brush portions with the glaze.
- Position on a rack in a roasting tin lined with foil and roast for 25-30 minutes, cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve the beef with steamed winter cabbage and rice.