Beef in piri piri
This Portuguese inspired beef mini roast recipe is brushed with a piri-piri glaze made with honey, chillies, dried mixed herbs, oil and ground paprika. The mini roast is ready in under an hour and perfect for a mid-week meal.
- 1 x 400-450g lean beef mini roasting joint (we used a mini topside roasting roast)
For the Piri-Piri Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- To prepare the glaze; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint, season and brush with the glaze. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with any pan juices, vegetable rice and a green salad.