Beef Mini Roast with a Spice Rub
Try this delicious boneless beef mini roasting joint dusted with a combination dried ground smoky spices. A mini roast is cooked in under an hour and is perfect for a midweek meal.
- 1 x 400-450g/12-14oz-1lb lean beef mini roasting joint (we used a mini topside joint)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp prepared steak spice rub mix (available in the spice aisles of larger supermarkets)
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the steak rub mix and the oil.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint, season and brush with the flavoured oil on both sides. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with mixed vegetable rice.