Beef Mini Roast with a Sticky Glaze
This boneless beef mini roast is packed with flavour thanks to a simple, easy-to-prepare sticky glaze using sweet chilli sauce. Ready in under an hour it's a perfect midweek meal for two.
- 1 x 400-450g lean beef mini roasting joint (we use a mini topside roast)
For the Sticky Glaze
- 2 tablespoons prepared sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- To prepare the sticky glaze; in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint and season all over. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 30-40 minutes. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven and brush with the glaze all over. Return to the oven and cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 minutes if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with stir-fry vegetables and noodles.