Beef Mini Roast with a Sticky Sweet Chilli Glaze (Kid's version)
Do cook the lamb mini roast recipe for the children in your family as it's easy and cooks in under 40 minutes. It's boneless and is great for midweek meals.It will also serve more than three if you cook for just the children.
- 1 x 400-450g lean mini beef mini roast
- Pinch salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- For the Sweet Sticky Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons prepared sweet chilli sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- For the Chips or Potato Wedges:
- 200g prepared chips or potato wedges of your choice
- For the Vegetables:
- 100g fresh, frozen or canned peas or sweetcorn or vegetables of your choice
To prepare the sticky glaze; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint and season all over. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 30-40 minutes. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
Remove the joint from the oven and brush with the glaze from one bowl all over. Return to the oven and cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
Cook the chips or potato wedges according to the packet instructions.
Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 minutes if time allows.
Cook the vegetables according to the packet instructions.
Slice the beef and serve with chips or potato wedges and vegetables.