Beef Mini Roast with Summer Vegetables
These beef mini roasts are roasted in the oven with paprika, honey and roasted summer vegetables in half an hour and are perfect for alfresco dining. We've used picanha mini roasts, but lamb mini roasts work well too.
- 4 x 150-200g/5-7oz picanha mini roasts
- 10ml/2tsp ground paprika
- 15ml/1tbsp runny honey or maple syrup
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 375g/12oz salad potatoes, e.g Charlotte, halved, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into small wedges
- 45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1. In a small bowl mix together the paprika, honey or maple syrup, 15ml/1tbsp oil and seasoning to form a paste.
2. In a large roasting tin, gently mix together the potatoes, onions, fennel, oil and thyme. Season.
3. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
4. Brush the picanha mini roasts with the paprika paste and position on top of the vegetables.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the beef and vegetables are cooked. From time to time during cooking shake the pan.
6. Serve the beef with the vegetables and crusty bread.