Beef Mini Roast with Summer Vegetables
These beef mini roasts are roasted in the oven with paprika, honey and roasted summer vegetables in half an hour and are perfect for alfresco dining. We've used picanha mini roasts, but lamb mini roasts work well too.
- 4 x 150-200g picanha mini roasts
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoons runny honey or maple syrup
- 375g salad potatoes, e.g Charlotte, halved, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into small wedges
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- In a small bowl mix together the paprika, honey or maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil and seasoning to form a paste.
- In a large roasting tin, gently mix together the potatoes, onions, fennel, oil and thyme. Season.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C, Fan Gas Mark 5.
- Brush the picanha mini roasts with the paprika paste and position on top of the vegetables.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the beef and vegetables are cooked. From time to time during cooking shake the pan.
- Serve the beef with the vegetables and crusty bread.