Pan-Fried Bone-in Sirloin Steak
Delicious pan-fried bone-in sirloin steak served with accompaniments and a side salad.
To Cook Rare: Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: Well done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean bone-in sirloin steaks
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Accompaniments of your choice, to serve
- Salad garnish or side salad, to serve
- Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking to bring up to room temperature. Transfer to a plate, cover and use when required.
- Heat a plain or non-stick griddle pan over a moderate heat without any oil until hot. Meanwhile, season the steaks and brush with the oil on both sides.
- Add the steaks and cook according to your preference. Remove the steaks from the pan, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the steaks accompaniments of your choice and a salad garnish or side salad.