Stir-Fried Beef Noodles
Ideal midweek meal or light lunch that's quick to prepare. Beef mince with chilli, soy and ginger tossed with cooked noodles and a sachet of stir-fry sauce.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 150g packs cooked noodles
- 1 x 120g sachet sweet soy and roasted red chilli stir-fry sauce or any stir fry sauce of your choice
- Finely shredded fresh spring onions and chilli peppers, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix the mince, soy and chilli sauce, sherry or rice wine, ginger and garlic together.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick wok or large frying pan. Add the beef and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes until brown. Add the spring onions, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry sauce. Heat through for 2-3 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Garnish with the spring onions and chillies before serving.