Sticky Steaks with Noodles
Tasty supper dish cooked in under 15 minutes. Rib eye or sirloin steaks marinated in lime, honey, chilli and garlic. Served with noodles
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 4 lean rib eye or sirloin steaks
For the Marinade
- :Juice of 2 large limes
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp clear honey or maple syrup
- 5ml/1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Finely shredded carrots and spring onions, to garnish
- Place the steaks in a shallow dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour half the mixture over the steaks, reserving the remainder.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator one hour, turning once.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook under a preheated moderate grill to the preferred cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the reserved marinade in a small pan.
- Garnish the steaks with the carrots and spring onions on a bed of egg noodles tossed in sesame oil, wilted baby spinach and red chicory leaves.
- Drizzle with the heated marinade mix before serving.
Nutrition: Per Serving