Steak with Pine Nut Spaghetti
Try this super-quick pasta recipes using thin cut beef steak, toasted pine nuts, cherry tomatoes , mustard and fresh basil. Simple but tasty.
- 2 thin cut beef steaks
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 200g/7oz fresh spaghetti or pasta shapes of your choice
- Large handful toasted pine nuts
- 75g/3oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 45ml/3tbsp small fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard and 15ml/1tbsp oil.
- Cook the spaghetti or pasta according to the packet instructions, transfer to a large bowl and add the pine nuts, tomatoes, basil, the remaining oil and seasoning. Toss gently.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks and brush with the mustard oil on both sides.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium). Alternatively, cook under a preheated moderate grill for the same cooking time.
- Serve the spaghetti with the steak, garlic bread and a crunchy salad.
Tips:If preferred use fresh linguini or tagliatelle pasta instead and toss with some freshly grated Parmesan before serving.
Nutrition: Per Serving