Hearty Lamb Koftas with Spaghetti,Squash and Pine nuts
A filling supper for 4, lamb mince koftas served with spaghetti, squash, parmesan and toasted pine nuts.
- 375g/12oz lean lamb mince
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and grated
- 50g/2oz mushrooms (wild, if in season), finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp sherry or Madeira
- 1 small butternut squash or pumpkin (about 175g/6oz total prepared weight), peeled, deseeded and cut into small dice
- 375g/12oz spaghetti
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained (oil reserved) and roughly chopped
- 40g/1½oz pine nuts, toasted
- 25g/1oz freshly grated Parmesan, optional
- Small handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the mince, mint, seasoning, onion, mushrooms and sherry or Madeira. Shape into eight to ten 6cm/2½inch
- Meanwhile, cook the butternut squash in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the pan (retain the water) with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add extra hot water to the pan, if required, bring to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Cook the koftas under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Drain the pasta, add the butternut squash and gently toss with sun-dried tomatoes, the reserved oil from the tomatoes and any meat juices from the grill pan.
- Arrange on a warm plate with the koftas, garnish with the pine nuts, Parmesan (if used) and parsley.