Hearty Lamb Koftas with Spaghetti, Squash and Pine nuts
A filling supper for 4, lamb mince koftas served with spaghetti, squash, parmesan and toasted pinenuts.
- 375g lean lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 small red onion, peeled and grated
- 50g mushrooms (wild, if in season), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry or Madeira
- 1 small butternut squash or pumpkin (about 175g/6oz total prepared weight), peeled, deseeded and cut into small dice
- 375g spaghetti
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained (oil reserved) and roughly chopped
- 40g pinenuts, toasted
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan, optional
- Small handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the mince,/2½ mint, seasoning, onion, mushrooms and sherry or Madeira. Shape into eight to ten oval shapes.
- Meanwhile, cook the butternut squash in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the pan (retain the water) with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add extra hot water to the pan, if required, bring to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Cook the koftas under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Drain the pasta, add the butternut squash and gently toss with sun-dried tomatoes, the reserved oil from the tomatoes and any meat juices from the grill pan.
- Arrange on a warm plate with the koftas, garnish with the pinenuts, Parmesan (if used) and parsley.