Spiced Beef and Coriander Koftas
Quick to prepare and cook these beef mince koftas can be threaded onto lemongrass stalks for an original twist to impress your guests.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around 8 wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers or 8 extra long lemon grass sticks. Cover and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook under a preheated, moderate grill for 12-16 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve on a bed of mixed tabbouleh salad and a side helping of hommous.