Tandoori Style Koftas
A great alfresco dish for the barbecue or grill with an Asian twist using beef or lamb mince. The kebabs are combined with Tandoori spices, yogurt, fresh ginger and lime juice. Super quick and only uses five ingredients.
- 450g/1lb beef or lamb mince
- 15ml/1tbsp Tandoori paste
- 30ml/2tbsp natural yogurt
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
2. Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around 8 wooden kebab skewers (previously soaked in water). Cover and chill for 5-10 minutes.
3. Cook under a preheated, moderate grill or a prepared barbecue on foil for 12-16 minutes turning occasionally.
4. Serve the koftas with flatbreads and a salad garnish or cucumber raita.