Ultimate DIY Lamb Koftas
These DIY Lamb Koftas are super easy to make and cook on a barbecue or under the grill. Shape into koftas or burgers and serve in flatbreads or burger buns. You’ll enjoy this dish no matter which way you create it.
For the koftas
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch ground coriander
- 4 flatbreads
- Salad leaves
- Plain yogurt
- Greek salad
- In a large bowl, season and mix all the ingredients together.
- Using slightly damp hands, divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around 6 short wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the koftas under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6–8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the koftas in a flatbread with salad leaves, a dollop of plain yogurt and a spoonful of Greek salad on the side.