Ultimate DIY Lamb Koftas
For the koftas
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch ground coriander
- 4 flatbreads
- Salad leaves
- Plain yogurt
- Greek salad
1. In a large bowl, season and mix all the ingredients together.
2. Using slightly damp hands, divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around 6 short wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Cook the koftas under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared BBQ for 6–8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
4. Serve the koftas in a flatbread with salad leaves, a dollop of plain yogurt and a spoonful of Greek salad on the side.