Smoky Beef Wraps with Kale, Onion and Red Pepper
These wraps using thin cut beef steaks, kale, onion and peppers are quick to prepare and cook. Perfect for brunch or a light supper with a crisp salad.
- 350g thin cut beef steaks
- 3 teaspoons rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 50g kale or baby spinach leaves, rinsed and roughly shredded
- 1 small red or yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed
- 4 -6 wholemeal tortilla wraps, warmed
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- Freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- In a small bowl mix together 2 teaspoons of the oil, smoked paprika, cumin and seasoning together.
- Combine the kale or spinach, peppers, onion and lemon or lime juice and remaining oil. Season, toss together and set aside for later.
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot. Put the steaks on a plate and brush with the seasoning mix on both sides and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then slice thinly.
- To assemble the wraps, place the flour tortillas on a clean work surface and spread with the avocado, vegetables and beef. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and herbs.
- Fold up to make a neat roll, secure with a cocktail stick, if required, and serve immediately with a crisp salad.