Tangy Beef and Lettuce Wraps
Light fresh nibbles or appetiser. Tangy spiced beef mince is served in lettuce leaves for an interesting twist.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated zest of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 150ml good, hot beef stock or water, optional
- 16-18 Little Gem lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- Extra lemon zest and fresh chives, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and dry fry the mince for 5-7 minutes. Reduce the heat and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes. If the mixture seems a little dry during cooking add the stock or water.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a large serving plate or platter and divide the meat filling evenly between them.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest.