Chunky Chilli Pasta Bake
Delicious supper for 4, minced beef with pasta, mozzarella and Parmesan, baked until golden.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g dried pasta shapes, e.g. penne, fusilli or eliche
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Madeira wine or sweet sherry
- 500ml good, hot prepared beef gravy
- 50g grated Mozzarella cheese
- 25g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Heat a large shallow non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onion, celery and chilli for 5-7 minutes until brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, Madeira or sherry and seasoning to the mince. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in the gravy. Mix the cheeses together.
- Combine the mince and pasta with half the cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into a 2L ovenproof dish or 4 individual ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley before serving with warm crusty bread and a crisp green salad.