Savoury Filled Lamb Pancakes
These pancakes are filled with lamb stir-fry strips and use only 5 ingredients. Prepared shop bought pancakes are wrapped in a filling made with soft cheese, a dry herb mix, lamb strips, baby spinach leaves and some store cupboard ingredients. A quick one pot dish for all the family including the kids.
- 375g lean lamb stir-fry strips
- 1 teaspoon prepared lemon and herb dry rub mix, or similar
- 200g low-fat soft cheese with herbs
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 4 prepared pancakes
- From the Store Cupboard;
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Put the stir-fry strips in a large food bag, add the dry rub mix, seal and shake to coat well. Stir-fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in ¾ of the soft cheese with herbs and heat for a few minutes or until the mixture starts to gently bubble. Remove the pan from the heat and add the spinach. Season to taste, if required.
- Preheat the grill to moderate.
- Lay each pancake on a clean chopping board and spoon 2 tablespoons of the filling down the centre. Carefully roll up in the shape of a cone and transfer to a lightly oiled heatproof dish.
- Spread the remaining soft cheese with herbs over the pancakes with a rounded knife or spatula. Transfer the dish to the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese lightly golden.
- Transfer the pancakes to warm plates, drizzle with a little rapeseed or olive oil and serve immediately with a green salad.