Seared Beef Strips on Mushroom and Spinach Bruschetta
Seared beef strips dusted in steak seasoning and cooked with mushrooms, baby spinach leaves and served with ciabatta slices.
- 375g lean rump, sirloin or minute steaks, cut into 10cm strips
- 1 small ciabatta loaf, thickly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon light soft brown sugar or runny honey
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 75g mushrooms, sliced
- 1ablespoon tomato chutney or relish
- 100g pack baby spinach or wild rocket leaves, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Drizzle the ciabatta slices with half the olive oil. Heat a griddle pan until hot and heat the slices for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate.
- In a large bowl mix together the Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, sugar or honey and seasoning. Add the beef strips, toss gently, cover and set aside.
- Heat a medium pan with 1 tablespoon oil and cook the onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Stir through the tomato chutney or relish and spinach or rocket leaves. Season.
- Heat the remaining oil in the griddle pan and cook the beef for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To serve, divide the mushroom and spinach mixture evenly over the ciabatta slices, then top with the beef strips and freshly chopped parsley.