Beef,Artichoke and Feta Bruschetta
A quick and speedy supper or brunch one pot dish using minute steaks and prepared bruschetta bread, pesto, Feta cheese and ready prepared artichokes in oil. Using only five ingredients, plus a few store cupboard essentials it's a no fuss beef dish.
- 4 x 115g lean minute or thin cut beef steaks
- 1 x 280g jar artichoke antipasti in oil, drained, oil reserved and cut in half
- 200-275g focaccia bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto of your choice
- 75g Feta cheese crumbled or grated mozzarella cheese
- Place the steaks on a chopping board, season and rub with 2 teaspoons of the oil from the artichoke antipasti jar. Preheat the grill.
- Cut the focaccia in half and then slice each half as you would a bread roll. Toast under the grill cut side up for 2-3 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Heat a griddle pan and cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the foccacia onto a plate and spread with half the pesto. Sprinkle over the Feta or mozzarella cheese. Cut the steaks in half and lay on top of the cheese. Add the artichoke and finish with a spoonful of prepared pesto.
- Serve immediately with a side salad.