Beef,Artichoke and Feta Bruschetta
A quick and speedy supper or brunch one pot dish using minute steaks and prepared bruschetta bread, pesto, Feta cheese and ready prepared artichokes in oil. Using only five ingredients, plus a few store cupboard essentials it's a no fuss beef dish.
- 4 x 115g lean minute steaks
- 1 x 280g jar artichoke antipasti in oil, drained, oil reserved and cut in half
- 200-275g focaccia
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared pesto of your choice
- 75g/3oz Feta cheese crumbled or grated mozzarella cheese
- From the Store Cupboard
- :Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Place the steaks on a chopping board, season and rub with 10ml/2tsp of the oil from the artichoke antipasti jar. Preheat the grill.
Cut the focaccia in half and then slice each half as you would a bread roll. Toast under the grill cut side up for 2-3 minutes or until lightly brown.
Heat a griddle pan and cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Transfer the foccacia onto a plate and spread with half the pesto. Sprinkle over the Feta or mozzarella cheese. Cut the steaks in half and lay on top of the cheese. Add the artichoke and finish with a spoonful of prepared pesto.
Serve immediately with a side salad.