Warm Steak Salad with Mango and Noodles
A tangy light salad using thin cut steak strips, stir fried with carrots, red onions, red peppers, kale, fresh mango, limes and cooked noodles.
- 200g/7oz minute, thin cut or flash-fry steaks
- 150g/5oz wholewheat noodles
- 20ml/4tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into fine strips
- 100g/4oz freshly chopped kale or red chard
- 1 small mango, peeled, stoned and cut into thin strips
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain, rinse and set aside.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok and heat 15ml/1tbsp of the oil in the pan. Add the onion, carrot and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale or chard and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir through the noodles.
Meanwhile preheat the grill to moderate.
Add the mango, lime zest and half the juice to the pan. Toss gently. Season and set aside.
Put the steaks on a chopping board, season and rub with the remaining oil on both sides. Cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Leave to rest on a warm plate, then cut into slices and toss into the noodle salad.
Spoon the salad onto a warm plate, drizzle with the remaining lime juice and serve immediately.