Warm Steak Salad with Mango and Noodles
A tangy light salad using thin cut steak strips, stir fried with carrots, red onions, red peppers, kale, fresh mango, limes and cooked noodles.
- 200g minute, thin cut or flash-fry beef steaks
- 150g wholewheat noodles
- 4 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into fine strips
- 100g freshly chopped kale or red chard
- 1 small mango, peeled, stoned and cut into thin strips
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok and heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in the pan. Add the onion, carrot and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale or chard and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir through the noodles.
- Meanwhile preheat the grill to moderate.
- Add the mango, lime zest and half the juice to the pan. Toss gently. Season and set aside.
- Put the steaks on a chopping board, season and rub with the remaining oil on both sides. Cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Leave to rest on a warm plate, then cut into slices and toss into the noodle salad.
- Spoon the salad onto a warm plate, drizzle with the remaining lime juice and serve immediately.