Warm Steak Salad with Cauliflower, Tomatoes and Walnuts
This warm steak salad is a wonderful midweek meal with thin cut beef steak, red onions, garlic, cauliflower and baby spinach leaves topped with crushed walnuts and freshly chopped parsley. What's not to like?
- 350g thin cut beef steaks, cut into thick strips
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 100g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 25g butter
- 350g fresh cauliflower, cut into small pieces or florets
- 1 x 80g bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 15g lightly crushed walnuts or toasted pine nuts
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat half the oil in a heavy bottomed, non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until caramelised and partially softened. Add the tomatoes and garlic, stir gently and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt the half the butter over a low heat and cook the cauliflower florets for 5-6 minutes, tossing occasionally until caramelised and golden. Transfer to the onion mixture.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil, season the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing frequently. Return the cauliflower mixture to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Remove from the heat stir through the spinach, once wilted add the honey, walnuts or pine nuts and parsley. Serve immediately.