Coronation Steak,Radish and Pea Salad
A great celebratory steak salad dish featuring strips of steak combined in a creamy coronation style dressing served with gem lettuce, radishes and fresh peas and takes under 20 minutes to prepare
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 4 lean minute or sirloin steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp oil
For the Salad
- :2 little gem lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 x 200g pack radishes, sliced
- 200g/7oz peas, fresh or defrosted
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp mild or Madras curry powder
- 45ml/3tbsp reduced fat creme fraiche or mayonnaise
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan until hot. Season the steaks and brush with oil on both sides. Cook the steaks according to your preference. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad; place all the ingredients into a large bowl. For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until combined.
- Slice the beef into strips then add to the salad with any meat juices. Spoon the dressing over the beef and serve with crusty bread.