Zingy Steaks with Warm Potato Salad
A great lemony salad with strips of thin cut sirloin or minute steaks, new potatoes, rocket, lemon zest and juice, capers, fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts. The salad is served with a quick horseradish relish.
- 4 x 150g thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- For the Warm Potato Salad
- 675g waxy long potatoes, e.g. Charlotte, unskinned and cut into quarters
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or almonds (optional)
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g rocket leaves, or baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- For the Horseradish Relish
- 150g carton free yogurt
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- For the warm potato salad, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients except the lemon wedges. Cover and set aside.
- To prepare the relish; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to moderate. Place the steaks on a large plate or chopping board; season on both sides with the salt, pepper and oregano then brush the steaks with the oil.
- Cook the steaks under the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Spoon the salad on to warm plates, cut the steaks into strips and arrange over the salad.
- Serve with the relish and lemon wedges.