Zingy Steaks with Warm Potato Salad
- 4 x 150g/5½oz thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano
- 10ml/2tsp olive oil
- For the Warm Potato Salad
- :675g/1½lb waxy long potatoes, e.g. Charlotte, unskinned and cut into quarters
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 10ml/2tsp capers, rinsed
- 30ml/2tbsp toasted pine nuts or almonds (optional)
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g/4oz rocket leaves, or baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- For the Horseradish Relish
- :150g/5oz carton fat free fromage frais
- 20ml/4tsp prepared horseradish sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the warm potato salad, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients except the lemon wedges. Cover and set aside.
To prepare the relish; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
Preheat the grill to moderate. Place the steaks on a large plate or chopping board; season on both sides with the salt, pepper and oregano then brush the steaks with the oil.
Cook the steaks under the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Spoon the salad on to warm plates, cut the steaks into strips and arrange over the salad.
Serve with the relish and lemon wedges.