Steak Sandwich with Fiery Relish
A tasty steak lunch option serviced with a fiery relish,
- 4 x 100g lean minute or thin cut sirloin steaks
- 100g plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 bread rolls
- Sliced red onion, baby spinach leaves and sliced cucumber, to garnish
For the fiery blood red relish:
- 150g tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons gin
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, garlic, paprika, mustard and seasoning. Place the steaks on a large plate and spoon over the marinade mixture to coat both sides of the steaks. Cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the relish; in a small bowl mix all the relish ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the steaks according to your preference.
- Serve the steaks in bread rolls of your choice garnished with salad ingredients and finished with a spoonful of the relish over the steak.