- 2-4 lean thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small baguettes or ciabatta bread, cut in half
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- To prepare the salsa verde; put the garlic, herbs, capers, if used, and lemon juice into blender with 2tablespoons olive oil. Blend together until coarsely chopped. Season. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the steaks for 2-4 minutes on each side. Lay the steaks over the salad and top with the remaining bread.
- Spread the salsa verde evenly over the bread and garnish with the cucumber and tomato slices.
- Serve immediately with chunky chips.
Tips:Store any remaining salsa verde in the fridge for up to 3 days, or for extra speed use a jar of prepared salsa verde or pesto sauce. Try this recipe with your favourite bread.