Steak with Sage and Brie and Balsamic Tomatoes
Try something new with this different steak recipe served on toasted bread with brie and chutney.
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean rump or sirloin steak
- 2 slices rustic country bread
- 10ml/2tsp fruit chutney
- 15-30ml/1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- Small handful fresh sage leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 50g/2oz Brie, sliced
- Cut 2 slices of rustic country bread, horizontally and lightly grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Spread with fruit chutney of your choice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic and a small handful of sage leaves (reserving a few leaves for garnish) for 1 minute.
- Season the steaks and cook according to preference. Arrange the steaks onto the bread slices. Place the Brie slices onto the steaks.
- Place under a hot preheated grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Garnish with the remaining sage leaves and serve with roasted balsamic tomatoes.
- For the roasted balsamic tomatoes; cut 4 medium-sized tomatoes in half and place onto a non-stick baking tray. Drizzle 30ml/2tbsp balsamic vinegar and 30ml/2tbsp extra virgin olive oil over the tomatoes. Season. Roast in a preheat oven at Gas Mark 6, 200°C/400°F for 20-25 minutes.