Beef Steak with Stilton Sauce
Perfect your steak with a creamy stilton sauce. Delicious, quick & easy midweek steak meal for two.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin or rump steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g Stilton cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the steaks with the onion according to your preference. Once cooked, remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the Stilton cheese, soft cream cheese, milk and mustard. Heat gently for 1 minute.
- Serve the sauce poured over the steaks with the red onion, new potatoes and asparagus.
- If preferred replace sirloin or rump steak with fillet steak and increase the cooking time by 1-2 minutes on each side.