Sticky Roast Beef Pancakes
A version of the popular Chinese dish, great for a family weekend supper. Roast beef with a sticky seasoning served in rice pancakes with salad. Ideal for using left over roast beef.
1 hour 30 minutes
To Cook Rare: 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes
- 1.3kg lean topside, silverside or sirloin joint
- 18-24 prepared Chinese pancakes
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5-spice powder
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 x 200g bag salad leaves
- 2 small shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sticky seasoning ingredients. Make several slits over the surface of the joint and brush all over with the mixture.
- Place the beef on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich meat juices.
- Meanwhile place the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Put the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar. Shake gently and pour over the salad leaves.
- Slice the beef and arrange on top of the Chinese pancakes with a little of the salad, roll up and eat.