Grilled Lamb Chops with Olive Mash
Impressive light supper for 2 in under 30 minutes. Lemony lamb chops grilled and served with an olive mash.
- 4 lean lamb chops or cutlets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
For the Olive Mash:
- 450g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or 5ml/1tsp garlic paste or purée
- 50g green or black olives, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- For the olive mash; boil the potatoes until tender, drain and mash with the seasoning, olive oil and garlic. Stir through the olives and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place the lamb on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on both sides with the oregano and lemon zest.
- Cook the chops under a preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the chops with the mash and seasonal vegetables.