Grilled Autumn Lamb Chops with Roasted Baby Turnips and Garlic with Shallot, Marjoram and Honey Vinaigrette
An autumnal supper for 4 ready in 40 minutes. Roasted baby turnips served with grilled lamb chops drizzled with a shallot and marjoram vinaigrette.
- 8 lean lamb chops
- 20 baby turnips, topped and tailed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 25g unsalted butter
For the shallot and marjoram vinaigrette:
- 4 shallots or 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 sprigs of fresh marjoram or oregano leaves, picked and roughly chopped
- 250g fresh rocket leaves, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Put the turnips in a mixing bowl, season and toss in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Scatter over a baking tray with the garlic cloves and the butter. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until caramelised and tender. Keep warm.
- Place the chops on a chopping board and season. Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 4-6 minutes (for medium rare), turning occasionally. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside.
- To prepare the shallot and marjoram vinaigrette; in a small bowl combine the shallots, olive or rapeseed oil, honey, vinegar and seasoning. Add the herbs.
- Place the rocket in a large bowl, season and toss in the lemon juice and remaining oil.
- Divide the rocket evenly over the plates with the turnips and chops. Spoon the vinaigrette over the lamb and serve immediately.