Barbecued Lance Steaks
A quick to cook steak dish with a simple barbecue marinade, uses rump steaks cut in half.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 x 300g lean rump steaks, each cut in half
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons good balsamic vinegar
- Rocket leaves, to garnish
- Place the steaks in a non-metallic dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the steaks. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the steaks according to your preference.
- Arrange the steaks on a small bed of rocket leaves and serve with pea mash.