Cheesy Topped Steaks
A popular sandwich combination on a steak. Tangy pickle and melting cheese on a sirloin, rump or rib eye steak is a family favourite, quick supper.
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 4 lean sirloin, rump or rib-eye steaks
- 75g/3oz Stilton, crumbled or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 25g/1oz fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 20ml/4tsp sandwich pickle
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and season on both sides. Cook under a moderate grill according to your preference.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together.
- 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove the steaks and spread the pickle over one side of each steak
- Sprinkle over the cheese mixture, return to the grill and continue to cook until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve with chunky chips and a salad garnish.