Mainstay Mince - Cheesy Beef and Tomato Croissants
Cheesy Beef and Tomato Croissants
- 225g/8oz mainstay mince (see mainstay mince recipe)
- 12 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch dried chilli flakes or 15ml/1tbsp sweet chilli sauce, optional
- 100g/4oz sweet corn
- 4 fresh all-butter croissants
- 100g/4oz grated mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- :Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C/400°F.
- Place the mince in a large pan. Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes or sauce, if used and sweet corn. Heat gently for 3-4 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, place each croissant on a chopping board and split down the centre of each. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Add 75g/3oz of the cheese to the mince sauce and divide the mixture evenly between each croissant.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes until hot and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with a green salad.