Mainstay Mince - Beef Tortelloni
- 450g/1lb mainstay mince (see mainstay mince recipe)
- 300g/10½oz pack fresh or dried tortelloni of your choice (we used the garlic and herb variety)
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 100ml/3½floz red wine, optional
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Large handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30ml/2tbp freshly grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- :Garlic bread
- Spoon the mince sauce into a large pan and add the oregano and peppers and red wine (if used). Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add the sauce to the tortelloni, season add the Parmesan, garnish with the parsley and serve with garlic bread.