Mainstay Mince - Speedy Beef Curry
Quick midweek supper using the mainstay mince with curry sauce and vegetables.
- 500g/1lb 2oz mainstay mince (see mainstay mince recipe)
- 1 x 350-425g jar curry sauce (we used Madras)
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 175g/6oz cauliflower, cut into small florets, optional
- 175g/6oz green peas or beans, fresh or frozen or 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper, optional
- Warm naan or chapatti bread
- Pour the curry sauce into a large pan and heat gently.
- Add the mince, potato and cauliflower. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the green vegetables of your choice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season if required.
- Serve the curry with mango chutney, naan or chapatti bread, rice and a crisp green salad.
Tips:If preferred use any leftover vegetables available.
Nutrition: Per Serving