Mince and Sweet Potato Frittata
40 minute supper or light lunch, with beef mince, sweet potato and peppers pan cooked with beaten eggs. Will feed up to 6 with a fresh salad accompaniment.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 225g sweet, new or salad potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced, rinsed and dried
- 2 medium leeks, finely sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives or chervil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Heat the oil in a large shallow, non-stick frying pan under a moderate heat anf fry the potatoes for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes until tender, turning occasionally. Remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Remove any excess oil from the pan.
- Heat the same pan until hot and cook the mince, leeks and yellow pepper for 5-7 minutes until brown. Add the cayenne pepper, seasoning and chives or chervil. Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour over the beaten egg evenly and finish with the sliced potatoes, reduce the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes until the egg is set.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated grill (check that your handles are heatproof) and cook until lightly brown and the egg is set in the middle.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a tomato and onion salad.